I have always been a skeptic of airbrush makeup but since I have worked at Capelli I have learned the many advantages. I decided to put the facts to test and try airbrush for myself. I had Kyle apply airbrush makeup at 9 am on Friday. I decided to take pictures to document how airbrush makeup actually wears. So the results are in:
Before with no makeup on my face
9:00 am AFTER :)
3:00 pm (6 hours after)
9 pm (12 hours after)
This was after I ran through rain at Target.
Airbrush made it through! & had no streaking :)
Makeup done by: Kyle Ann
Overall I loved airbrush makeup. It doesn't feel "cakey" like traditional makeup would especially with 24 hours of wear. I definitely recommend getting airbrush makeup if you have a wedding, prom, or any other event where you need to make your make up last its worth the investment. Capelli offers Airbrush Makeup for $55 so next time you have an event call us up! 248.841.1338
Facts About Airbrush:
What it is: A light-weight makeup applied through an air gun machine that produces a thin, even layer of makeup and creates a very matte finish. Finish can be thin or heavy depending on the application.
- When airbrush is rubbed it won't transfer. (ex. when hugging someone traditional makeup will rub off on their shoulder, airbrush won't)
- Airbrush will give you a porcelain doll-like finish.
- It has an 18+ hour wear.
- It is thin enough to make your skin feel that it can still breathe while being covered.
- It will not fade, melt, or rub off on clothes.
- It drys instantly with a matte finish and does not require any powder or re-applying.
- It can easily be washed away with soap and water.